On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:26:32AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a question to the possibilies using 5.0-RELEASE. In the "early
> adopters guide" (chapter 1) it's written, that 5.0-RELEASE should be as
> stable as possible to "getting a large number of users to test". But if
> it's not recommented to use it in production environments, what test
> results do you expect?

I've been playing with 5.0-2 DR and so far, the only problem I've had
was with OpenOffice--lazy sod that I am, I download the binaries from
openoffice.org and install them.  That's failed to install properly.

On the other hand, I've not been using it in production, simply as a
desktop. I don't have the courage (or the expertise) to try it in
production.

The basic workstation type stuff like opera, lbreakout2, sound and the
like have all installed without problem.

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Spike: What, your Mom doesn't know?
Joyce: Know what?
Buffy: That I'm, uh...in a band. A rock band...with Spike here.
Spike: Right. She plays the-the triangle...
Buffy: Drums.
Spike: Drums, yeah. She's hell on the old skins, you know.
Joyce: (to Spike) And what do you do?
Spike: Well I sing.