On May 27, 2005, at 8:48 PM, Luciano Musacchio wrote:

hey,
i have the ports dir mounted over unionfs on a jail
(/usr/ports /usr/jail/usr/ports unionfs rw 0 0)
and when i do a "make install" for some port within a jail it says:
make: No such file or directory

I don't know exactly what you are trying to achieve, but what I do is have one master jail install and all the other jails mount most of it with nullfs read only. One jail is the master and it mounts the ports (actually 2 jails have it mounted) using a localhost: nfs mount read write. The master jail builds the ports into a separate PREFIX I have defined that is shared on all the jails with appropriate links into each jails private filesystem area for things like etc

Anyway, the part I wanted to mention is that maybe a localhost: nfs mount might work better? Depends on what you are trying to do

Chad

i have no idea of whats going on :/, i'll appreciate some help

(the jail is built the way man says and /usr/bin/make exists)
--
"Los buenos artistas copian, los grandes roban" -- Steve Jobs