On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Alistair Sutton wrote:

On 27/06/05, Bart Silverstrim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There seems to be a dependency loop occuring on our server when trying
to do an upgrade; is there a way to force the update and rebuild
dependencies? Below is a snippet of output (please let me know if more
of the update info is needed...)

<snip output>

The output seems to suggest that p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.4 isn't
installed and as such portmanager wants to install it.

Why it is looping the build I don't know.

Have you tried manualling installing the amavisd-new port? If there is
a problem with the dependencies then manually installing the port
should pull in SpamAssassin without any problems and portmanager
should no longer need to rebuild it thus allowing it to continue on
upgrading anything else.

right now it looks like after manually deinstalling/reinstalling a couple of the perl modules Amavis depends on (well, spamassassin) it builds, but there's a problem with a MIME module or something depending thereof :-/

I get mime_decode-1 FAILED errors in the amavis logs.

Is there a way to rebuild amavis and all the perl modules it uses easily?