Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

[...]
pid 80941 (tcsh), uid 5051 inumber 166876 on /local/jails/jail1: filesystem full

[...] Is the "inumber 166876" an inode inside the filesystem? Or what does it refer to?

It is an inode number of the filesystem that has been mounted to /local/jails/jail1. Inodes in a filesystem are uniqe, but each filesystem holds its own inode numbers that have nothing to do with inode numbers of an other filesystem.

[...]
My interesting issue is that on ssh login to OTHER JAILS on other / dev/md type filesystems, that had nothing to do with that jail or filesystem, login was prevented as the login process would print a similar message to the one above in the login window over and over and over and would never complete login.

That sounds weird. Have you checked the output of 'df -ih' at the host? I like to see it.

Regards
Björn