On Jun 29, 2005, at 7:25 AM, Casper wrote:

 I don`t know what this script doing... :)
I don`t know what to try reproduce by myself...

ln /dev/log ?

I was wondering myself so I did a little research.

It appears that the syslogger does a link (ln -s) from /var/run/log to /dev/log and that inside a jail you cannot do this. However, you can set it in the base system's version of the jail file system. I don't know if it stays around after reboots or what and what the effect is -- probably m akes jail messages go into its own log file but I have not done more than make the link and try to google (without a lot of success) on the issue

Chad

Casper