On 7/5/05, Roman Kouzmenko wrote:
> Now I need to put it on the Internet, so that the developers can take
> control over it (ssh, ftp). The problem is that at the moment when I
> activate one-to-one nat on my hardware firewall for this machine, the
> services stop working and behave strangely (for example, if I connect to
> the box using ssh, it prompts for the login and nothing else happens,
> ftp doesn't work either). If I try to reboot, sendmail doesn't start at
> all (it just hangs, so I have to hit ^C to stop the script).

sendmail probably does not hang but just tries to resolve a name via
DNS that apparently is not working. It should continue in a few
minutes if you wait that long.

What hardware firewall are you using? Is it possible to attach your
server to the Internet directly, without using a firewall in the
middle?

--
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"