Quoth Adrian Penisoara on Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 13:17:17 +0200
>   But I have Bash as the default shell. And yes, it works changing the
> Terminal / Keyboard / "Backspace key" from "Contrl-? (127)" to
> "Control-H", but the users are pissed off by the fact that Linux doesn't
> need this -- does it mean FreeBSD has broken termcap entries or that
> Linux is just stepping on the traditional standards ?

How about just adding this mapping in the global .bashrc and in
.[t]cshrc in your FreeBSD box.  It's not that hard and will be totaly
transparent to your users since thier .*rc file should source the global
one first.

The same things used to happen between terminal on X11 on Linux.  Eterm
was notoriouse for it a few years ago.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318