Jayesh Jayan wrote:
If i install FreeBSD on to a HDD with a good machine where i have already
installed freebsd before and then move the HDD to that machine.

Will it work ??

Yes, probably, that's definitely a decent idea and worth a try.

This is what happens when I try to install freebsd on the machine

I can go till the step of Choosing distribution

After I choose the distribution it starts the installation

it shows transffering ...... in a blue screen with a progress bar.

it then transfers 32 of 33 chunks

and then it comes up with the error mentioned before.

Sometimes this is simply a problem with the CD being dirty or not being read correctly.

This might also indicate your hardware is a little flaky. The AMD Athlons are fine processors, but the earlier AMD K6 and Cyrix CPUs are a bit less reliable and some contained interesting hardware flaws (like with the L2 cache).

--
-Chuck