Mr. Albritton wrote:
How viable is it to install FreeBSD along side WinXP?  (Dual Boot)  Also, can the BSD
MBR be removed once it's installed?  I've tried FIXMBR with the WinXP CD and it
didn't work....  <sigh>  Any suggestions?
---
Mike Albritton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

you don't have to install fbsd's mbr at all. you could use win nt/xp boot manager. but fot that to work you would need to create a boot sector image to boot fbsd. i've achieved it with software called bootpart. or you can use grub.

btw, my winxp stopped working after i tried to install 2nd installation of fbsd -- i had 5.4 and i installed 6.0. most unfortunately, fdisk shuffled partitions and my grub stopped working properly. i managed to fix it by hand (good old norton disk editor) and everything works fine but winxp -- i got a message saying something like it cannot load hal file or something. :-((

martin