I have a few questions about FreeBSD.  I am just beginning to get into UNIX.
I know a few line commands, but really want to get familiar and comfortable
with the OS.  I have been intrugued by FreeBSD for many years now, but I own a
windows-based PC and am not keen about running dual OS's.  I would like to get
a cheap, used, small desktop or laptop to "tinker" with Unix/Linix and FreeBSD.
 However, I know little to nothing about system requirements and/or hardware
compability.  I was thinking of an old 486 or Pentium 1 to get started.  Any
thoughts on what I could start with?

  Sincerely,
  Matt S. Gann