Folks,

        Before I write off the HP Scanjet 4100c, I thought it's
        best to check with the list first.

        I have "device usb" in the kernel; I did a kernel load of
        uscanner.ko and a kldstat shows that the module is there.
        My two USB ports seem to be alive.  Is there a command to
        double-check??

        I have yet to reboot to reinitialize my 5.3 system.  Otherwise,
        can anybody suggest ideas of things to try next?  xsane execs
        but cannot find anything.

        thanks for some clues.

        gary

        PS: In /usr/local/etc/sane.d, the hp.conf file lists the
            4100c with two heex addrs.  ....

        PPS:  I got this from a fellow engineer who bought the thing
              boxed, unopened, and marked "AS IS" so yeah, it may not
              be working.

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix