Chris Hill wrote:
Yesterday I cvsup'ed and upgraded my ports, using the procedure I've been using for quite some time. After it was done, most of my Mozilla plug-ins no longer work. I did not upgrade my operating system at that time, since I'm already at the latest patchlevel.

The specific issues are with acroread7, flash and mplayer-plugin. All of these worked as plug-ins before the upgrade, but now none of them do. Acroread7 and mplayer work fine in their standalone application incarnations, but not as plug-ins. Curiously, the java plug-in still works fine. In Mozilla, about:plugins shows java and the mplayer stuff, but not anything pertaining to Acrobat or PDFs.

Here is what I've done to try to fix this:

tripel# mv /etc/libmap.conf /etc/libmap.conf.old
tripel# cp /usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-FreeBSD5-stable /etc/libmap.conf

/etc/libmap.conf - both the new and old versions - have an entry like
# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror/Kazehakase
[/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

libc.so.6 exists; it's a symlink to libc-2.3.2.so, both in /usr/compat/linux/lib. However, the path shown in [square brackets] does not exist. Does it need to? man libc.conf doesn't say anything about those square bracket entries. On the off chance, I tried creating that heirarchy of directories and touch'ing nppdf.so, but no love so I got rid of it.

  $ ls /usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper
  acrobat.so   flash7.so   java3d.so       oci8.so   realplayer.so
  flash6.so    jai.so      java3d_snd.so   pips.so

A search of the list archive turned up a post saying that you have to have linprocfs mounted *before* doing the *install* on linuxpluginwrapper. I made that happen; relevant df output is
  Filesystem  1K-blocks  Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
  linprocfs           4     4      0   100%    /usr/compat/linux/proc

I then deinstalled the following via 'make deinstall', then did 'make reinstall' in this order:
  print/acroread7
  www/mozilla
  www/linuxpluginwrapper
  www/linux-flashplugin
  www/mplayer-plugin

Question: Can someone point me to a writeup of what I need to do, in what order, to repair this?

Thanks very much.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD tripel.monochrome.org 5.4-RELEASE-p8 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p8 #0: Thu Oct 13 22:12:04 EDT 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TRIPEL i386

 --
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]

Search the list archives for "Flash Plugin in 6.0" and "Flash no longer displayed in Firefox". It's an issue with the linuxpluginwrapper port, several methods to make it work are described in those recent threads.

HTH,
Micah