Jack L. Stone wrote:
At 07:25 PM 12.19.2002 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

On 2002-12-19 08:59, Adam Lofstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to mount a windows share at boot with mount_smbfs.  Since I
have to use the noauto option in fstab (filesystems in fstab are mounted
before the network is initialized), I have created a startup script
(smbfsstartup.sh) and placed it in /usr/local/etc/rc.d:

case "$1" in
   start)
       /sbin/mount /myshare
	;;
   stop)
	#Maybe do something here...
	;;
   *)
   ;;
esac

This exact same script worked just fine on another machine.  When I
moved it to a different machine I get this message when my system boots
up:

Local Package Initialization : (skipping smbfsstartup.sh, not
executable).
Take a look at the permissions of the script file with ls(1).  The
message is very verbose already.  The file has a name that ends in
`.sh' but it is not executable, and this is why it's skipped.

Quick fix:

	# chmod 0750 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/smbfsstartup.sh

- Giorgos

Pardon moir for chiming in here, but I have noticed 3 different posts about
the proper chmod for the executable on this thread: 744, 755 and now 750
.....I've typically used 755, but if there is some reason for the others as
a preference I would be interested in the reasons. or when one should be
used over the other...

Not second-guessing, just curious. Thanks & Merry Xmas!

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net
http://www.sage-one.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I actually prefer 700.
No one has any business in /usr/local/etc/rc.d unless they are root.

.daniel.schrock