Am trying to get my head around the ports system, specifically custom options when compiling. For example I would like to install apache 2.2 under it's own dir in /usr/local, say /usr/local/apache22. If I was rolling my own version using the configure script I would do:

./configure prefix="/usr/local/apache22"

With that everything would go into that dir, bin files, confs etc. etc.

I understand how to make use of the options stuff WITH_ WITHOUT etc. it's just the installation prefix that's bugging me.

Have I messed something simple here?

Cheers,

--
Paul