Alex Mayfield wrote:

I have tried both the 6.1 and 5.4 CD's, both of them bombing at the exact same point the 6.0 boot failed. I'll try 5.5 sometime tomorrow, though I kinda doubt it would make a difference. Is there anything else I can try?

If 6.1 and 5.4 fail then it seems really likely that 5.5 will fail too. In your shoes I would start changing BIOS options one at a time - anything that might have an effect like ACPI, memory holes, making sure plug 'n' play is off. I'm no expert on that kind of thing. If no-one here has any better ideas then you could also try re-posting on the freebsd-hardware list and see if anyone there can help. You could also check that there is no newer BIOS for the mobo.

hth,

--Alex