Matthew Seaman wrote:

eoghan wrote:

I asked a question about stopping/starting tomcat, but I suppose I didnt
ask it right.
What I should have asked is:
How do I stop/start services that I have enabled in my rc.conf, such as
mysql, tomcat etc. I have tried from my rc.d/ with tomcat but it will
not work for me...

Like this:

    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat.sh start

If that doesn't print out anything then double check what's in /etc/rc.conf
If the service apparently starts up, but then you find it's not running
a few seconds later, then check any log files that application uses -- it's
quite often the case that there's a configuration fubar somewhere that is
causing the service to give up.

"Service" instead of daemon?   Our assimilation by the Borg proceeds apace.