Duane Whitty wrote:

[snip]

... I want to be able to switch back-and-forth whenever I want. Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks for your responses.

Sincerely,

Duane Whitty
Thanks again for the responses.

I am now busily building GNOME 2.12
from ports.

Sincerely,

Duane Whitty

Duane,

I tried this and found that Gnome stuffed up my KDE menus. Menus items were rearranged, a new category called "KDE" appeared and most items were now under this. Some items were missing. In short, it had become Gnomified! Googling and posting this this mailing list confirmed that Gnome was interfering with KDE but nobody was able to tell me how to get my menus back.

I eventually removed Gnome altogether which presented another problem. You can't remove Gnome without removing KDE and pretty all programs that depend on X as well. (at least I couldn't using the removal instructions provided on the Gnome on FreeBSD web site).

But since you are already installing, this email may be too late.

Regards,

Ron Joordens