On Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002, at 02:32 US/Pacific, Rob O'Donnell wrote:
If it's a PS/2 type keyboard connector (small plug) there is a plastic pin that often gets broken off and left in the socket if connectors are pulled out violently, blocking a new keyboard being inserted. (Seen it often with mice.) If this is so, I've had success getting them out by using 'blue tack' (a semi-adhesive goo used to hold the kids drawings on the wall) on the end of a matchstick to grab hold of it.
Right on. Thats exactly what happened. I guess I didn't have enough light to see that yesterday. I didn't get a chance to pop it out as the insurance adjuster arrived and is going over everything now. Thanks for the info.