On May 10, 2006, at 2:41 AM, Beech Rintoul wrote:

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 00:30, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
On May 10, 2006, at 2:25 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
He became a mascot only after the 'new-logo' people
started agitating for the sex-ball.  Prior to that all the
literature referred to him as a logo, when the word logo was
used.  (which wasn't often, but it was used)

This is nothing more than an argument of appeasement and
has been explained before in this forum, please quit insulting
our intelligence.  We all know that Beastie's place as the
logo has been supplanted, and your side won, and your crude
attempt to explain away Beastie is insulting.  You won, be
content with that.

Wow, Ted a top-poster!

A professional evaluation of "beastie" showed he was not a logo and
had served as a poor-one at that in his ersatz role as a wanna-be
logo.   (Note that I did not say that Beastie was poor but that he
had served as a poor logo based on professional criteria of what
makes a good logo).  Beastie has his place.

Chad

That's all well and good, but I for one don't plan to replace the "powered by" beastie logo on any of my sites with that sex-toy. It would be interesting to
see how many webmasters agree with me.

We have had this out before. No one is asking you or forcing you to replace any beastie you have anywhere. Can me move on? The post I made was specifically in response to one from Ted where he made claims about professional reviews of the new logo.

For the record, the new logo doesn't impress me either.

move along

Chad

Beech

Ted