On 6/29/06, David Robillard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The other selling point for me on HP was the 2.5" SAS drives ... our new
> servers have 4x72G SAS drives in a 1U space, which means I can do RAID1+0

SAS drives are coming in strong. It's what all new machines will have
in the server market in upcoming years. Just take a look at new
machines from Sun, IBM and HP, they all switched to SAS drives.
They're great, really. But so far I've yet to see 15K rpm in 2,5" SAS
form factor.

I'm talking out of my mouth here but maybe the extra storage density
used in SAS compensates for the lack of 15K rpm.

--
Joao Barros