On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Philippe Lang wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've recently been experiencing lock ups with the three
servers that I've upgraded to 6.x ... one of which is <1 year
old, the other two are 3 years old ... after getting
everything setup with DDB, to the point that I could provide
some very detailed traces, and core dumps, it looks like the
problem is the one thing common between all three servers:
the iir driver ... the two older machines are running Intel
0CH RAID controllers, the newer one an ICP Vortex card ...
both were rock solid machines under 4.x ...

I don't have lockups on my 6.0 server, but I confirm there is something strange
with the iir driver. On dmesg.*, I can read

iir0: Bus B: The SCSI controller successfully recovered from a SCSI BUS issue.
The issue may still be present on the BUS.  Check cables, termination,
termpower, LVDS operation, etc
iir0: SCSI-B, ID 3: MPI returned 0x00000048

I have an INTEL SRCU42L raid board.

Maybe that's REALLY a cable problem I have here?

have you tried changing the cable? if so, and it still happens, then its probably not a cable problem ... in my case, three servers and two different controllers all lock up since 6.x and all are running iir drivers ...

----