At 01:26 PM 6/29/2006, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Because it's a "LIB_DEPENDS", the "lib" will automatically be
prepended to the filename.

Ah, good to know. I was closer than I thought, then.

You didn't update the x11-fonts/fontconfig /Makefile at the same time,
or it would be looking for expat.6, not expat.5.

> Any suggestions about how to fix or work around this issue?

Update your whole ports tree.

Ah-ha! Yup, I think you've nailed it. I had left the X11 stuff commented out in my supfile, since I don't actually use X per se. Fixed that and it looks like it's going to make it to the end of the compile this time. *fingers crossed* Thanks!