From: John Levine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:02:55 PM
Subject: Re: Qmail & Vpopmail From Ports

Don't install qmail from the port, which includes a whole bunch of
ill-advised patches.  Instead, download and install netqmail 1.05 from
www.qmail.org, which has a small set of patches that really work.

I've been meaning to make a port of netqmail, but haven't had time yet.

You'll also want daemontools and ucspi-tcp.  For both of those, the
ports are OK.

Haven't tried the port of vpopmail, but the port has a disconcertingly
large number of patches that it silently applies.

R's,
John

Check out
the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things
done faster.