On Dec 13, 2006, at 5:01 PM, N. Harrington wrote:
 I have tried one way, however when I use it I seem to
have an odd broadcast occuring on my switch. Such that
I am seeing incoming traffic hit some other ports on
the switch.  Can someone confirm if I am doing it
correctly? Perhaps I have a switch issue?
Do I also need to bond the ports together on the
switch?

Yes, the switch would need to support Cisco's FEC protocol if you want to use ng_fec with it.

Sadly the switch they are connected to does
not support port bonding. Does that matter?

Yep. In many cases, a single 100Mbs link does just fine, but if you need more bandwidth, you can pick up a gigabit NIC nowadays for not much. Picking up a GB-capable switch is more expensive, but perhaps your existing switch might have one or a couple of GB ports...

--
-Chuck