Stacey Roberts wrote:

It appears that rl1 is not configured here. Two things of note:
1] Have you actually configured rl1?
2] If so, what IP addr configurations is supposed to have?

The reasoning behind my questions is the fact that you mentioned that
*both* rl0 & rl1 are connected to "the same hub".

I have started well - caused confusion already! :-(

No. rl0 is connected to the ADSL modem. I suppose you could call that "outside data exchange"
rl1 is connected to the hub. I guess you could call that "internal communication".

--
Brian