Murray Taylor wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Albrecht [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, 19 January 2007 11:42 AM
To: Murray Taylor
Cc: freebsd-questions
Subject: Re: Mail etiquette (was: What is this mean by this term)

On 18/01/07, Murray Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Top posting" is only one issue.  Others of great importance are
trimming your posts, not breaking the lines into tiny
fragments, and
not writing one-line paragraphs.  Your .sig is a good example of
things that people should remove from replies.

Greg
Exactly! And not only my .sig which I do have control over whether
I add it or not, and also the [EMAIL PROTECTED] stupid corporate
disclaimer also
(over which I have no control).... sigh

mjt (no .sig)
since i seem to be in the mood to muddy the waters today:

have you considered using a mail address outside of your corporation?
one which doesn't automatically add that disclaimer. i've never been
fond of using my work email address for anything outside of work, but
that's me. maybe this is an obvious answer but it is one way to please
the etiquette overlords.

-g

--
Greg Albrecht ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

I started using the lists from work years ago when I was
establishing the FreeBSD servers and it was easier to get
Q&A stuff done... Since then the weenies have come along and changed out a perfectly servicable Postfix / Cyrus mail system with M$ Exchg(barf), and the beanies wanted the disclaimers ......

sigh

Have any of these disclaimers ever proven to be even the slightest bit legally enforceable?

I mean, for God's sake, they're at the bottom of the message, essentially telling you not to read the message you just read.
--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University