On Thu, 24 May 2007 19:11:27 -0400 (EDT)
"kalin mintchev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> unless "at device 31.2 on pci0" points to some RAID evidence - which i
> think it's false - than i read this as the ad6 disk sits there unused.
> am i right?!

FWIW, you can use gstat (as root) to see if a certain geom device (eg, any
storage ) is being accessed, and its load.

it works at leat on 6.x - not sure about 5.x.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"It is a lesson which all history teaches wise men, to put trust in ideas, and
not in circumstances."
   Emerson

Warned.