On Aug 23, 2007, at 8:11 AMAug 23, 2007, fbsd2 wrote:

It only takes 2-3 weeks after changing my email address I use on the list
before I start receiving spam on the new email address.
Other non-fbsd lists I belong to remove the posters email address before the
post gets sent to the list members.
Why can't this list do the same thing so the posters email address don't show up in the archives on the news group servers where spammers harvest the
posters email address for targeting spam to?

I've been a list a participant for many years, and I've not had a huge problem with spam that hasn't been able to be dealt with through the use of tools like SpamAssassin and my mail client's built-in anti- spam filters. Unfortunately, there really isn't any way to make 100% certain that your email address won't end up on a spammer's list, unless you never use the address. If you're not going to use it, however, what's the point.

You've got the right idea by using a different account for list messages and such. Just do your best to use the tools at your disposal.

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks