Predrag Punosevac wrote:
I was wondering if anybody encountered any problems with i810 video driver on 7.0Beta15 current. Namely I did yesterday a fresh installation of an older Pentium III machine and was unable to get X going. I got Xorg as pkg_add -r by the way and the rest of the system was installed from ISO image.
Yes, I did have

Section "ServerFlags"
         Option "IgnoreAbi" "on"
EndSection

I looked carefully xorg.conf.new and the listed video driver was i810. I did not manually compile that driver as I thought that was included into XOrg( at least on two other new computers I use i810 driver and it was included into XOrg). I tried though to load it manually into kernel by editing load.conf file. Sorry I am not enclosing log file as I wiped installation. It was very late last night and I thought it will take me half an hour to get things working. I end up spending
3 hours.

Stupid question (especially since I dunno much about 7.0 yet),
but you did have agp_load="YES" in loader.conf, and /dev/agpgart
was created successfully?

Note that I suppose it's possible this isn't necessary in 7.x,
but it has been in the other branches for a Long Time Now(tm).

Then I tried PC-BSD 1.4 which is 6.2 stable from July and everything went without a hitch. I checked xorg.conf and I saw that the listed driver is Xf86-video-intel-2.1.1

Should I try to install Xf86-video-intel-2.1.1 and then just try to hand configure xorg.conf file.

I did notice some discussion yesterday about i810 but I thought it was relevant just for upgrading not for the new installation.

Any input or suggestion will be appreciated.

Predrag Punosevac

Hoping it helps,

Kevin Kinsey
--
Your computer account is overdrawn.  Please reauthorize.