Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

On 2007-11-09 18:55, Andrew Pantyukhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 01:39:12PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
I've been using the following for some time:

   keramida> su -
   Password: ********
   root# exec env SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash bash -l
I know it doesn't work on slolaris^W some Unix flavors, but I've
been quite happy with "su -m".

Heh, putting the Solaris bashing (sic) aside, I can see how the -m
option can be useful some times.  After all, it was implemented because
*someone* thought it would be neat to have around :-)
Also the only way I know on FreeBSD to interactively become a user with no real shell (true, nologin etc).

--Alex