Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

RW wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:31:15 -0500 "Aryeh M. Friedman"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

but I don't want to logout and login back in and/or have to
invoke the app from the cmd line (i.e. xhost +; setenv DISPLAY
:0; app cmd line)... I am looking for a way to make it so I can
launch apps from a desktop panel and/or icon on the desktop and
make it ask what user to run it under (or somehow or another make
it aware that not everything is to be ruin as "aryeh")

What about adding the magical incantation to a menu item?

You'd type it once, and then it'd be clicky-clicky after that.
Dunno if it'd work, but I use this under XFCE to set up remote
connections via ssh, ('Eterm -foo -bar -e ssh somehost'), rdesktop
('rdesktop somehost') and running Yet Another OS's terminal app
via Wine, which is way too long a string to remember and type
here.

KDK
--
Facts, apart from their relationships, are like labels on empty bottles.
                -- Sven Italla