At 08:16 AM 2/14/2008, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
Derek Ragona wrote:

I usually just set the shell to /usr/bin/false or /usr/sbin/nologin for users like these. Of course you can't test these interactively with su. If you want to do that, give the account a valid login shell, test it, then set it to false or nologin.
It's not clear to me what you mean by "you can't test these interactively with su". If you mean you can't su to them and get a shell; that's wrong.

su -m account_with_fake_shell

--Alex

Alex,

What I meant to say was that you can:
su -m account_with_fake_shell

But you can't:
su - account_with_fake_shell

and then test any command and scripts in the user's environment.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.