tired of a dual-boot system, so I want to just install FreeBSD or another linux distribution(maybe ubuntu) on my notebook.

My questions are:
1) Can FreeBSD work well with my hardware? The display card, CDRW/DVDRW, wireless, Ethernet and battery managment are the most important.

not sure about display card. but everything else should be OK. it's IBM/Lenovo :)

2) I have read the FreeBSD Handbook. According to Chapter 10: Linux Binary Compatibility, it seems that FreeBSD lacks support of many commercial softwares such as MATLAB, Oracle, Mathematica. Is the linux binary compatibility stable enough for work ?

works at least for acrobat reader completely.