I am having problems trying to install FreeBSD.
I have installed in before on different machines, but now this is the only one I have.
I would like to have FreeBSD as my main OS on the machine.

When I put in the bootable cd and restart the computer, I get to the boot section
where it says
Hit enter or wait 9 seconds to boot

I hit enter and get the follow
/boot/kernel/acpi.ko test=0x3985c data=0x1978+0xb2k sysms=[0x4+0x6010+0x4+0x7994 ]
then the line below it is spinning and stops and freezes.

I have tried 4.2, 4.4, 4.7. and 5.0 releases all lock in the same place. I have
windows 2000 server on first 40 gigs of a 60 gig HD.
Inside the machine are
Intel 850 MV motherboard
2 256 sticks of rambus and 2 dummy cards to terminate unused memory slots
geforce 3
Audigy Plat
Intel 10/100 pro NIC
adaptec 2940 scsi card
dvd player ( used for install )
cdrw scsi
cd rom scsi
secondary 60 gig HD

Now I have tried with 3com nic instead, I have taken all cards out and only had
graphics, primary HD and cd rom.
I also updated the BIOS of the Motherboard and I still get the same freeze in the same
spot.
I don't know what might be the problem I have looked all over and tried many things, I
have been working on this install for 2 days now.

Any idea's or help, I would be grateful

Joseph
**********PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION**********
The information contained in this document is intended solely for use by the persons
or entities identified above.  This electronically transmitted document contains
privileged and confidential information including information which may be protected
by the attorney-client and/or work product privileges.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the
contents of this transmission is prohibited.   If you received this transmission in
error, please delete this message without making a copy.