Hello

how would I disable acpi? I do not know what it goes to in the bios.

Thanks

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Thomas Spreng [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Thu 2/13/2003 10:10 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: problem with install

        Hi,

        On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:55:49PM -0800, joseph grundy wrote:
        > I am having problems trying to install FreeBSD.
        > I have installed in before on different machines, but now this is the only
one I have. I would like to have FreeBSD as my main OS on the machine.

        > When I put in the bootable cd and restart the computer, I get to the boot
section where it says
        > Hit enter or wait 9 seconds to boot
        >
        > I hit enter and get the follow
        > /boot/kernel/acpi.ko test=0x3985c data=0x1978+0xb2k
sysms=[0x4+0x6010+0x4+0x7994 ]
        > then the line below it is spinning and stops and freezes.

        it seems that there is a problem with the acpi kernel module. Can you disable
acpi
        in you bios? If yes, try booting without acpi. Or maybe you can disable some
modules
        in the boot loader menu (but im not sure about that).

        > I have tried 4.2, 4.4, 4.7. and 5.0 releases all lock in the same place. I
have windows 2000 server on first 40 gigs of a 60 gig HD.
        > Inside the machine are
        > Intel 850 MV motherboard
        > 2 256 sticks of rambus and 2 dummy cards to terminate unused memory slots
        > geforce 3
        > Audigy Plat
        > Intel 10/100 pro NIC
        > adaptec 2940 scsi card
        > dvd player ( used for install )
        > cdrw scsi
        > cd rom scsi
        > secondary 60 gig HD

        Sorry, these are just suggestions as i dont know where the problem really is...

        cheers,
                tom

**********PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION**********
The information contained in this document is intended solely for use by the persons
or entities identified above.  This electronically transmitted document contains
privileged and confidential information including information which may be protected
by the attorney-client and/or work product privileges.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the
contents of this transmission is prohibited.   If you received this transmission in
error, please delete this message without making a copy.