Sahil Tandon wrote:
Ryan Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kurt Buff wrote:

[...]

I would recommend fBSD 6.3 instead of 7. You don't need it, unless you have a documented reason it has to be 7.0

Please qualify that recommendation; as it stands, it is pure FUD.

I don't see the need. And I couldn't get 7 to install on my brand new machine. Once I got the 6.3 amd64 build it went in without an issue.

I don't see the reason to run the latest and greatest for a file/web server. Desktops are one thing, but you can get more out of your CPU and RAM with less clutter out of the box.