Steve

It's been suggested off-list that I put up a caching DNS server. I'm
in the process of doing that. Initial page load delay, however, is a
new phenomenon, cropping up after our move from the T1 to the DS3, so
I was putting it down to increased use of cache - I'm certainly
willing to be schooled on that, though. We'll see what happens with a
caching DNS server.

it's strange at least you haven't it already for a long time. no matter you use squid or not. it takes 5 minutes to set up, and saves a bit of bandwidth and a lot of time on resolving hostnames