I have a remote machine running 4.7 which is streaming audio using
icecast.  I was hoping to back up the machine by transferring the files to
my local machine and doing the backup here.  However when I try to copy
any (non-tiny) files, using scp for example, it floods the network
connection and messes up the audio stream.  Is there any way I can
transfer files from it at a much slower rate, something like 1/8 normal?

Thanks
  -Scott