Sahil Tandon wrote:
Paul Schmehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

Some people enjoy doing that. Most people just want the software to work, be easy to maintain and upgrade and then stay out of their way.

Ahem, and that 'just works' crowd is generally not found using FreeBSD or in an admin capacity. :-)

YMMV. Some of us run enough machines that we don't relish customizing any more than we absolutely have to, but not so many that we find it worthwhile to build our own packages for internal distribution.

Oh, and one of the reasons that I use FreeBSD is that it just works.  ;-)

--Jon Radel