Paul Schmehl wrote:

To the OP - here's what I get when testing from a FreeBSD box to one of our servers:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] telnet hostname.utdallas.edu 3389

Connection closed by foreign host.

Does your server have SSL enabled? The OP stated that prior to upgrade, the box did NOT have SSL enabled.

The access denied message you cited appears to be a firewall or acl issue that prevents the server from accepting connections from your FreeBSD box.

Perhaps from a Service Pack whereas Microsoft could have enabled it's inbound 'firewall', thinking it was appropriate.

# nmap -sS -P0 -p 3389 ip_of_rdp_server

Steve