Does anyone have any experience installing the backup exec agent
(BEWS_12.1364_LINUX-UNIX-MAC_AGENTS.tar.gz) on Freebsd 7.

I've been trying for the past few days with no progress. I called for support,
but guess what Symantec does not support Freebsd.

# ./installralus
Not Supported Yet.
./installralus: ./perl//bin/perl: not found

Two things here:

1. Not support Yet.
But I'm sure although not support, there has to be a way to still install it.

2.

vmFreebsd# find / -name perl
/usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/bin/perl

And Perl -v shows the version, so I know it's there. I just need to change the
path were the installer is looking of perl, right?

Here is the content is installralus:

vmFreebsd# vi installralus
#!/bin/sh

VXIF_HOME=./;export VXIF_HOME
VXIF_ORIGENVLANG=$LANG;export VXIF_ORIGENVLANG
PERL_UNICODE=1;export PERL_UNICODE

# Let's get the type of Machine we are running on this platform
HDWR_TYPE=`uname -m`

# Use our own distribution of Perl (VRTSperl)
case `uname` in
        SunOS)
                if [ $HDWR_TYPE = "i86pc" ] ; then
                        if [ -f ./RALUSx86/installralus ] ; then
                                cd ./RALUSx86
                                ./installralus $*
                        else
                                echo "ERROR: Unable to launch Solaris x86 instal
ler."
                        fi
                        exit 1
                fi

                OS=SunOS;export OS
                PERL_VER=5.8.8;export PERL_VER
                ;;

        Linux)
                if [ $HDWR_TYPE = "x86_64" ] ; then
                        if [ -e "./RALUS64/installralus" ] ; then
                                cd ./RALUS64
                                ./installralus $*
                        else
                                echo "ERROR: Unable to launch Linux 64-bit insta
ller."
                        fi
                        exit 1
                fi
                OS=Linux;export OS
                PERL_VER=5.8.8;export PERL_VER
                ;;
        HP-UX)
                OS=HPUX;export OS
                PERL_VER=5.8.6;export PERL_VER
                ;;
        AIX)
                OS=AIX;export OS
                PERL_VER=5.8.6;export PERL_VER
                ;;
        *)
                echo "Not Supported Yet."
                ;;
esac

if [ -z "$VXIF_HOME" ] ; then
        echo "ERROR: Environment variable VXIF_HOME is not defined. Exiting ...
"
        exit 1;
fi

if [ ! -d "${VXIF_HOME}/VxIF" ] ; then
        echo "ERROR: VXIF_HOME is invalid. It must point to the root of VxIF. Ex
iting ... "
        exit 1;
fi

./perl/$OS/bin/perl -I. -I$PATH -I$VXIF_HOME -I./perl/$OS/lib/$PERL_VER installr
alus.pl $*

James Johnson