On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:41:35 -0700
"Johnson, James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience installing the backup exec agent
> (BEWS_12.1364_LINUX-UNIX-MAC_AGENTS.tar.gz) on Freebsd 7.

i don't recall if it's v12 that i've used,but it runs relatively well - just
make sure you have linux compatibility layer enabled.

> I've been trying for the past few days with no progress. I called for
> support, but guess what Symantec does not support Freebsd.

i hope you really didn't expect something useful out of that call ... :)

> # ./installralus
> Not Supported Yet.
> ./installralus: ./perl//bin/perl: not found

[...]
> vmFreebsd# find / -name perl
> /usr/bin/perl
> /usr/local/bin/perl
[...]

> ./perl/$OS/bin/perl -I. -I$PATH -I$VXIF_HOME -I./perl/$OS/lib/$PERL_VER
> installr
> alus.pl $*

have u tried changing that call to perl to the /usr/local/bin/perl ?

at least in some versions I tried, all you have to do is run the exec , forget
the installer, it worked ok for me.. YMMV

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If you were supposed to understand it, we wouldn't call it 'code'.

Warned.