others).  This can happen when your process blocks on pending file
I/O.  The process opens a file descriptor, could even be a socket, and

asterisk does only file I/O and network I/O.

file I/O works fine so it can't be a problem (everything else works on the same filesystem.

get what it's waiting for (hopefully), then move on.  At that very
moment, the kill signal would be delivered and the process would die

after a day - still not killed.
i'm going to reboot this today.

BTW asterisk is threaded. possibly main thread is stopped, but others not.