Kalin,

Did you add a specific route for the alternative network? I know this may sound crazy but for whatever reason Macs don't override the default route automatically. You would think that any attached ethernet device would be considered a best route to that LAN however I have had experience otherwise.

i did. with the interface. but that apparently doesn't matter.
a few tests with route get were enough to realize that the B network is not really having it's own default route. so i just switched the cards around. now en0 is the external ip and en1 is the 192.168.x.x. and the default route is the one for the B network... it works a desired now....

thanks for the idea....

Cheers,
Mikel King
CEO, Olivent Technologies
Senior Editor, Daemon News
Columnist, BSD Magazine
6 Alpine Court
Medford, NY 11763
http://www.olivent.com
http://www.daemonnews.org
http://www.bsdmag.org
skype: mikel.king
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.