Glen Barber wrote:
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Pieter Donche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
FreeBSD 7.0 comes with the user root with start up shell /bin/csh
As normal user I use bash (/usr/local/bin/bash installed)
I would prefer to have bash also when working as root (su).

It is never recommended to change root's default shell to something
outside of the base install.

The main reason is, for example, if you update your non-base shell
(via ports), and it breaks, you can no longer log in as root.  If you
decide you still want to have a non-base shell for your root user,
keep root's shell default, and enable your toor user.

isn't the "main reason" because other shells may reside on a filesystem
which isn't necessarily mounted in maintenance/single user mode? Or, libraries
for the same?
--
Jim Pazarena  [EMAIL PROTECTED]