This  is my last post about the collection of comparative philosophy,
        literature, religion, an anthropology.  The|One reason the disc was in
ISO
        format is its jpegs or gigs embedded.  And possibly because it was in
html.

        But say that I yanked the photos and used just plain text: 8-bit chars
        perhaps, and created my own CDROM version.  --I *wouldn't* waste my time
        duplicating this collection, but say that I did.  Could this be done in
        plain HTML and not require an ISO disc?

        Oh, a first ack that the gnome file browser is worthwhile.  It popped up
        when I inserted the DVD.  A right-click let me open directories, then
        a broswer works perfectly whell to surf around.

        gary

        PS: write me off-list if you're curious in some old-old research.

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php