Glen Barber wrote:
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Akenner <slackwarew...@comcast.net> wrote:
Basically it does the same thing. I used the pkg_add as I said, and once I
finished, I did the rehash thing, and then logging in and out doesn't seem
to change it. Is there a chance the package itself is messy?

It's possible.

I was told to try whereis and did so, and it said /usr/ports/net-im/aim and
when I typed the direct path, it said permission denied, so I tried su to
root, and ran it again, and it said the same thing...Which is a little
strange being root.

You were told the wrong command.  Try `which aim'.  Also, try
executing with the full path: /usr/local/bin/aim

Is your ports tree up to date?  man portsnap

man whereis :-)