On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 01:32 PM, Rus Foster wrote:

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Thomas von Hassel wrote:

We have a few servers and we are getting tired of having to log into
each of them to check the logfile. (like tail -f /var/somelog)

Is there a way to log things like /var/log/messages and
/var/log/maillog to one central logging server ?

/thomas
--

you want to tweak /etc/syslogd.conf. You can log to remote machine using
something like

*.* @loghost.domain.com

You might have to configure the firewall/remote syslog to accept the
connections. Also if there is heavy network traffic you can not be
guarenteed to get the messages as it uses UDP rather than TCP. My personal
advice would be log both locally and remotly

ok, that would take care of the sending side, what about the receiving side ?

/thomas

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message