Hi!

> You could write a Perl script to parse them and email them to you ...
>
> That's what I did for about 14 of my customers... I get an email daily that
> emails me the logs.

As mentioned by Roger Vetterberg, the Real Men (tm) of course configure
syslogd to have all machines to log to a central server. It's wussies
like me who use some kind of e-mail solution described above ;-)

You don't even have to do any scripting, because someone has already
done it and the results are available in /usr/ports/security/logcheck.

I have it installed on all the FreeBSD servers I'm responsible for.

--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are.