On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:22:50 +0100, Bernt Hansson <be...@bah.homeip.net> wrote:
> FBSD UG skrev:
> >
> > You're not buying the software, you buy a license to use it on one
> > Apple computer.
>
> Mostly semantics,  if I name my computer "APPLE" Then it's "legal" to
> install. Crap, if I buy it I can install it on ANY computer. Does not
> have to be a computer named "APPLE" it could be "IBM", "HP" or any other
> brand or non brand.

I think an important point is that you loose support from Apple
if you're not installing Mac OS X on Apple brand hardware.

As for the license agreement, if you buy Mac OS X from the shelf
(for example), you've not confirmed any contract-like agreement
with Apple yet, but you've purchased some rights already, for
example the right to burn the whole package (not a nice example
but I'm sure you get the idea); the EULA mentions nothing about
this (legally possible) behavior.

The Mac OS X versions sold along with the "Hackintosh" are no
illegally pirated copies, they're "boxes" from the shelf. It's
up to the customer what to do with it.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany